Yes, social media marketing can be overwhelming. Just like any challenge, you need to take it one step at a time.
This infographic shows you the steps to social media success:
- Research and know your audience and which networks they use.
- Pick your social platforms – you should have presence in the major ones, but focus on the ones where your audience is.
- Pick your Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) – what are you trying to accomplish?
- Have a playbook – this says to review it every quarter – I suggest adjusting it every month based on your analytics. Set SMART – specific, measurable, attainable, relevant & timely – goals.
- Align your company around your plan
- Schedule an hour each week to schedule posts. Use tools like HootSuite and TweetDeck.
- Create a content bank – I like Feedly.
- Post relevant content that’s of interest to your target audience.
- Treat all social channels separately – each one “drives” differently. They have their own culture and dos and don’ts.
- Assign someone as a customer service rep – if you’re a solopreneur, you’ll need to do your own monitoring of your name in case someone posts a customer service problem.
- Reporting – Absolutely must check your site statistics, analytics and social network insights. You need these metrics to know if you’ve reached your goals.
- Reanalyze – What’s working and what’s not working. Do some A/B testing.