Facebook and Twitter executives were in Washington, D.C. this week attempting to assure a nation of social media users that they are trying their best to guard against any foreign entities from influencing elections. The biggest story was how Twitter flexed its muscles by banning Alex Jones and InfoWars accounts.
Social Media makes the news – heck, social media IS the NEWS!
If you’re not using it properly, you’re missing out on reaching your target market!
Here’s a recap of the latest Social Media and SEO News for the last 2 weeks:
- If you’re trying boosting Facebook posts to get more reach and exposure, you may be better off using their main advertising system.
- If you’re in the travel industry, this new Facebook ad targeting feature lets you reach people based on their travel postings.
- Here are 3 Facebook ad types to try.
- This isn’t surprising – Over 25% of Facebook users have deleted the mobile app.
- Are you using Facebook Groups? Here are some updates and admin tools.
- Facebook Watch — video streaming — is now available to all users.
- You can still generate traffic from Facebook. Here’s the type of content Facebook likes.
- Video Best Practices on Facebook
- Have you ever wondered if using the singular or plural versions of words made a difference? Here Google explains that it actually does.
- If you’re a Veteran-owned or led business, there’s a special designation for you at Google My Business.
- Hey, Local Businesses! Here are some tips on how to rank better for local Google keywords…
- Don’t link every page to your home page!
- Google Assistant now speaks more languages.
- New! Google Go Browser will read pages aloud.
- How to Destroy your Competition on Google
General SEO News & Tips:
Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn & Pinterest:
- New! Bookmarks on Desktop to help you save tweets.
- Twitter test new layout for replies for better communicating.
- Retweeting your own tweets can help increase reach
- Free Instagram Analytics Apps
- Social Selling on LinkedIn
- Ways to use Pinterest to boost your brand
- How to Grow your Email List with Pinterest
- Content Marketing Tips to Apply to All Campaigns
- The Benefits of using Infographics in your content marketing
- Making your “About” page really work for you
- Using Social Data to run a good Content Marketing Campaign
General Social Media Marketing Tips:
- A Guide for Effective Social Media Automation
- Make the best use of your Cover Images on Your Social Profiles
- Getting the Most out of your Social Media Audience Research (Or I could do it for you!)
- What to look for when hiring someone to do your marketing
- 5 Best Websites to find Freelancers for your Small Biz