This week’s recap of the best social media news covers, local SEO for brick-and-mortar businesses, video marketing strategies, understanding Return on Investment (ROI) in today’s digital marketing and I introduce you to yet another short-form video app/platform: TikTok, plus much more!
The Best Social Media News for the week ending 5/23/19:
Let’s start with how local brick-and-mortar businesses can make sure they come up when someone searches for __________ “near me”. Now, you don’t have to put the words “near me” on your website. However, you have to make sure that your physical address is correct and the same everywhere — including:
- Google My Business (GMB)
- Instagram — set up as a Business
- LinkedIn Company Profile (not your personal one)
This is not for home-based or eCommerce only businesses. Your address will come up in Google Maps if you set up a GMB listing. (Remove it if you have.)
- How to Leverage the Rise of “Near Me” Searches
- 60% of Customers Prefer to call Small Businesses on the Phone
- Boosting Local SEO with Google My Business [Podcast]
How Marketing Technology (MarTech) has grown over the past 8 years…
So you think you’ve got all this covered? Think again. Back in 2011, there were just about 150 places to market your business online. Now there are over 7,000! Source
Should You Hire Someone to do your Social Media?
If you’re thinking of hiring an in-house social media manager or a manager who will also cover social media marketing for your business, this article gives some tips: 10 Important Skills and Traits Your Social Media Manager will Need.
I don’t know how many times I’ve been asked, “Can’t I hire a teenager or intern to do my social media for me?” Sure you can, but you…
- Have to make sure they know the difference in posting on social media and marketing on social media. I’ve seen ignorant business owners post a great picture of one of their services only to leave out the link to the website! That post was wasted.
- Need to supervise them 100% of the time they are supposedly working for you. That means that unless you trust them 100% — they can’t work remotely. (Related: Don’t get Locked Out of Your Accounts!)
- Need to make sure that YOU understand how all this newfangled stuff works. Otherwise, how will you know if the person you’re hiring knows what they’re supposed to do and how to do it correctly.
- Improving Your Video Marketing Strategy
- Video Marketing Stats & the Importance of Video Content
- Video Trends that will Dominate in 2019
- 3 Types of Social Videos that Work for any Business
- How to Promote Your Small Business Brand on YouTube
- Social Media Videos Bring Good ROI
Measuring ROI in today’s world of content marketing is not easy. Will the Real ROI in Content Please Stand Up?
- Finally! Landscape videos work on IGTV!
- Fresh Instagram Themes to Inspire You
- Instagram Creator Accounts
- Influencer Marketing Stats
- Should You Partner with Instagram or YouTube Influencers?
- What do Influencers Charge?
General Social Media News & Tips:
- What is TikTok and Why Should You Care About it?
- Maximizing Social Selling
- Why You Should be Podcasting
- Maximizing Twitter
- Keeping up with Pinterest
- A Hashtag Analytics Tool
- Facebook Groups Targeted by Spammers
- How to Figure Out Your Marketing Budget (Paid Advertising)
- 15 of the Best WordPress Widgets
- How to Find Guest Posting Opportunities
- New Landing Page Designs