Here are few proven facts about marketing with YouTube Videos:
- Visitors will stay longer on your website if it has a video on the home page. The longer a visitor stays on your site, better the chances they’ll do something — take some action — then become a lead and later a sale.
- People are more likely to watch a 3-miute video than read a 300-word blog article.
- People who watch an “explainer” video are more likely to purchase that product or service.
- Videos help web pages come up higher in Google search.
- “How to” is the most searched for phrase on YouTube
- YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine next to its parent, Google
The infographic below has some great tips on how to use YouTube videos. It’s by SelfEmployedKing.com (love that name!). The original blog post has links to all the experts noted in the infographic.
All this works if you follow these steps…
- Clearly define your target market. Click here to download the Free Define Your Target Market Wordbook.
- Research. Find out all you can about your target and industry.
- Set SMART Goals
- Develop a Strategy to accomplish those goals
- Put together a Tactical Plan to implement the Strategy
- Prepare your branding, logo, website, cover graphics then set-up your social media profiles optimized for the search engines.
- Learn how to use the the tools properly and effectively.
- Engage with your target market.
- Create & Curate content — videos, blog posts, graphics — showcase your expertise, give you credibility and drive traffic to your website where you can capture leads with enticing calls-to-action.
- Monitor and measure monthly. See what’s working and what’s not working and plan out the next month’s strategies and tactics for your content and social media posts.
You can’t afford to NOT get Social Savvy!