Credibility: the quality of being trusted and believed in
Today’s marketing is not about tooting your own horn. It’s not about telling the world how great you are. It’s not a sales pitch either.
It’s about building trust and credibility.
People buy from those whom they know and trust. They also rely on the opinions and advice of their friends and family as well as online reviews. In today’s social age, people have lots of friends. That’s why a combination of content marketing and social media is essential for building your “social proof”, getting referrals and getting found.
Everything’s involved here from your website to your personal LinkedIn profile.
- The information on your social media profiles (both business & personal) should match your website’s information – it may be worded differently, but it should reflect the message with the most recent information.
- The links and buttons on your website must go to right profile pages not to the generic network.
- Each blog post you write must be shared on all the major networks and bookmarking sites – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest — for optimal search engine optimization (SEO).
When you write your blog post, you need to write for the human reader NOT for the search engine. Yes, you use your relevant keywords throughout the article, but make sure it makes grammatical sense and you’re not repeating the same words too often. Each blog post should be classified in the right category and have the relevant tags (keywords).
Your customers – current and potential – may be reaching out to you via social media. Are you seeing their posts & messages? What are they seeing when they land on your social media profiles?
- You need to monitor your social media daily and respond to customer inquiries quickly.
- Never delete a bad review! Address the problem publicly.
- Encourage reviews from satisfied customers, but don’t request it in an email!
The infographic below is from Intersection Consulting and it shows the Path to Building Online Trust.
If you have a social media or content marketing question, please schedule a free 15-minute phone consult and I’ll review your current marketing efforts.Follow Me: