Here’s the Social Media News for this week. To see more, follow me on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook or Google+.
Note: my comments are in (parenthesis)
- E-commerce Trends to Watch for 2017 – “Trends in eCommerce emerge from how customers shop, what they are buying, and how they are responding to your marketing.”
- New Blogger Survey Reveals Benchmarks and Keys to Blogging Success – (Yikes! So, now longer is better? Over 1000 words! IMHO, I’d rather see you blogging shorter 300-500 word articles more often than longer ones less often.)
- Social Media Marketing Statistics – Important to Small Businesses – “As the number of social media users continues to increase, these platforms have become more critical to marketing success. After all, one of the tenets of marketing is to draw attention from the right people at the right time and social media provides the perfect place to do just that.”
- 37 Visual Content Marketing Statistics You Should Know – “Content with relevant images gets 94% more views than content without relevant images.”
- 6 Tips to Help Drive Awareness and Sales with Pinterest – (Pinterest is a MUST for anyone trying to reach the consumer. One of the tips is creating Buyer Personas. You might want to get some help with this. It’s think like your target market when you’re so close to your business. Book a 1:1 training session with me and I’ll help you.)
- Should You Still Start a Podcast? [Ask Yourself These 3 Questions] – (I thought about switching from doing Facebook Live videos to doing a Podcast until I discovered what all is involved. Hence, the short Q&A videos were born. You have to figure out what works best for you. Understand that when you make a commitment to do something, you have to stick to it at least for a few months to see if there’s an ROI — Return on Investment — of your time and any costs involved with platforms and equipment.)
- Snapchat Continues to Refine Focus Ahead of IPO – (Snapchat isn’t for everybody. It’s a younger demographic. However, if that’s your target, then you need to keep up with it.)
- How Different Social Media Influencers Equal Different Influence Results – (Whether it’s to help you grow a following, drive more traffic to your site or get brand exposure, Influencer Marketing is the way to go.)
- LinkedIn Adds ‘Conversation Starters’ Prompts to Messaging – (LinkedIn’s Mobile app has some nice new features to keep you networking on the move!)
- 5 Tricks to Maximize Your Reach on Facebook – (Grrrrr! Facebook is the most annoying of all! Now it’s proven that hashtags DON’T help in Facebook posts! This is why you need to keep up with all this stuff. A strategy and tactic that worked before can be a determent with a change that the network makes. The networks are out to make money with paid advertising. If you don’t plan on spending money on ads, then you’ve got to make sure that what you’re doing is getting seen and actually working organically!)
In conclusion, before you start pulling your hair out trying to figure all this out, why don’t you book a coaching session with me to plan out what will work best for YOUR BUSINESS in 2017!