Well, Google+ died a quiet death on April 2, 2019, without any fanfare or trending on Twitter. I think nobody noticed. What you need to do if you still have a G+ icon, widget or link on your website is remove it. Having bad links on your site doesn’t help SEO.
For brick-and-mortar businesses with an actual location you want customers to visit, you must be on Google My Business (GMB) and make sure all the information is correct, updated and that you’re posting at least weekly! GMB is connected to Google Maps. And it offers a lot of benefits for your businesses including a new feature that connects a retailer’s online catalog to Google Maps.
If you’re strictly an ecommerce site or a home-based business, they make sure your LinkedIn company profile and Facebook business page are updated, branded properly and that you’re taking advantage of all the space they give you to promote your business in the about sections. As for Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, they are powerful for building a following. Optimizing your social profiles for both Google search and the networks’ internal search engines with the proper keywords is crucial, also.
Here’s What else is new in the Digital Marketing World that You Need to Know:
- Have you ever had an ad rejected by Facebook? I have. And it took me while to determine what wording was offensive to them. The Guide will help you.
- Facebook Stats you need for 2019
Search Engine Optimization (SEO):
- Google Keyword Research Tool is the best way to determine what your major keywords and phrases are and how many monthly searches people are doing for them. You used to be only able to enter 3 “seed” keywords or phrases when you start your search. Google just expanded it to 10!
- The Ultimate Guide to Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Email/Marketing Automation/Lead Generation:
- Email Marketing Automation is nothing if your Landing Page is not converting people! Here’s how to optimize landing pages for long-term lead generation – from HubSpot.
- 13 Email Marketing Stats Shaping 2019 and Beyond
- How outdated is some of the content on your website? For instance, I’ve had to delete all the “marketing on Google+” blog posts from this site. Having content that isn’t current or no longer applicable hurts your online image and authority with Google. Google looks for the most recent and relevant content that matches search queries. This article from Search Engine Journal shows you how and why you should improve or remove old content.
- Content is supposed to draw potential customers to your website. The idea then is to convert visitors into leads and then nurture those leads with email marketing automation. Here are 5 tips for a data-driven content strategy that increases conversions.
- When it comes to content, always go for quality over quantity. Here are 10 Characteristics of a High-Quality Blog Post.
- You write a blog post, share it on social media and no body clicks on it. Why? Probably your title wasn’t compelling enough. Here are some tips on creating blog titles to improve their effectiveness.
- New Guide to Audience Targeting for LinkedIn Paid Advertising
- One of LinkedIn’s features that many don’t take advantage of is the ability to upload videos, and PDFs directly into your profile in the summary and under experience. It’s another way to show off your expertise, toot your own horn and grow your network. Now you can also upload documents and slide presentations!
- 7 LinkedIn Mobile Features to help Relationship Building & Lead Gen
- Have you heard of TikTok? It’s a video app that’s growing in popularity. Here’s what you need to know if you want to use it for marketing.
- Why You need Video for your Small Business
- 5 Strategies for Growing your YouTube Subscribers
General Social Media & Marketing Tips:
- Where do you come up when you search for your product or service (not your company name)? More than likely, if you’re in a highly competitive industry, you are competing against some big guys. Don’t be Intimidated by Big Competitors in your Field.
- Are you just building your website or plan to update it soon? Then you need to read this article from Search Engine Journal.
- Have you tried SMS (text messaging) to reach your customers? Here are some best practices.
- Where is social media heading? Here’s some interesting data.
- Creating Instagram Stories People want to Watch
- 11 Amazing Affiliate Marketing Blogs
- The Best WordPress Live Chat Plugins
- 5 eCommerce Tools to Boost Branding & Conversions