People keep asking me over at Quora, “What new social media network will take over?” Gee, if I knew that, I’d be rich! But perusing this week’s digital marketing news, I found this interesting piece… What were the social networks that DIDN’T make it? The ones that failed? The latest one to bite the dust is Google+. But did you know that Google tried 2 other times to come up with a competitor to Facebook? The most legendary Epic Fail was MySpace. But there were a lot more who tried and just couldn’t cut it. Read about them here.
This Week’s Digital Marketing News:
Search Engine Optimization (SEO):
- Go DuckDuckGo! It’s the ONLY search engine that’s increased its share in Q1 2019! Looks like people are tired of being tracked when searching for things.
- Is it too early to start thinking about holiday (Christmas) shopping SEO? I mean, come on! It’s not even Mother’s Day!
- 72% of People have used Voice Search in 2019 through a Digital Assistant
- 6 Ways Email Marketing Improves Your SEO
- Facebook News feed is dying! What You Need to Know…
- Facebook Reaches 2.38 Billion Users
- What does $1 in Facebook Advertising Generate for Business
- Facebook Stories have 500 Million Users Daily
- Why Instagram is important to Improving Customer Experience
- New Instagram Quiz Stickers for Stories
- Top Instagram Bots to Help Increase your Following (Note: they’re not free!)
- New Pew Research looks at key usage traits on Twitter
- Twitter has a new layout on desktop! I like it! (Funny, just when I’m getting ready to do a 1:1 training session, I pop on over to Twitter and behold! A totally new layout. They’ve done it to me before.) Now you get thumbnails in trends if there is a picture with the main trending tweet. Click on the # in the top bar and you’ll go to everything that’s trending right now.
Twitter Profiles look a bit different too…
General Online & Ecommerce Marketing Tips and Social Media News Items:
- 5 Key Elements on a Winning Email Marketing Strategy
- Why is Digital Marketing More Important for Businesses than Ever Before?
- How to Boost a Post on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (Paid Advertising)
- Can’t get that Click? 5 Simple Strategies for CTAs that Convert
- Building Trust with Your Blog
- One Simple Hack to Boost Ecommerce Sales
- 10 Video Marketing Ideas to Kick-Start your Video Marketing Strategy
- Reduce your Ecommerce Bounce Rates
- Expert Tips to Protect Your Online Reputation
- LinkedIn Engagement Rising
- The Right Way to Use LinkedIn for Marketing
- Using Pinterest Paid Advertising to Promote Products and Attract Customers
This week’s Infographic totally blew my mind! The Heading caught my eye: Most Popular Social Media Apps by State.
So I’m thinking for Arizona, it would be LinkedIn or Instagram. First, LinkedIn was left out for whatever reason. Maybe because LI more B2B than B2C. So for B2C businesses, trying to reach the consumer, this is really interesting… However, AZ, disappointed me. Snapchat? Really?