Here we are the end of the second month of 2019 and this year so far has not disappointed with more changes, new features and more tips in social media, SEO, content and digital marketing news.
I’ve gone through hundreds of articles from the top expert sources and have weeded out the news and tips that I feel you need to know to make your digital marketing more effective.
Here’s a recap of Digital Marketing News from February 2019:
Now, brands that only use Facebook as an amplifying channel for their websites, or blog, are going to suffer the most from the algorithm changes.
To succeed on Facebook, we began thinking of Facebook as a publishing channel. This fundamentally meant creating quality content to be consumed directly on Facebook — no links…. You grow your brand awareness, and grow your reach. People may not be on your website, but they are still seeing your content and your brand, so when they are ready to buy or need something from you, they will remember you. You will be top of mind. ~ HubSpot, How we grew our organic reach on Facebook.
Wow! They also went on to say that they increased their Facebook video production from 10% to 50%. So, are you going to copy articles from your website instead of just sharing a link? Or are you going to create exclusive content for Facebook? I say it depends on your audience. Get to know them by getting your Free Define Your Target Market Workbook here, then scheduling a coaching session to discuss the best ways to reach them.
More Facebook News:
- New Video advertising option to do commercials in Facebook Watch
- Facebook is merging messaging with Instagram and What’s App
- Facebook unveiled new options for groups – FB groups are a good way to reach your target.
LinkedIn Live Video & More:
I’m impressed with most of the improvements LinkedIn has made since Microsoft bought it. They’ve improved their advertising, groups, company profile pages and other sections. If you’re a B2B business, LinkedIn should be your primary network.
I said it at my last Social Media Basics class at Greater Phoenix SCORE: LinkedIn will be coming up with Live video soon. Well it’s here. Almost. It’s still in beta development and only select broadcasters can use the new feature.
- Here’s a podcast from Social Media Examiner with details about LinkedIn Live video and other LI updates
- This article from Social Media Today has some interesting stats on video marketing on LinkedIn including the new LinkedIn Live.
- How to Market on LinkedIn in 15-minutes a Day [Infographic]
- Insider tips on Generating Leads on LinkedIn
Visual Marketing on YouTube and Instagram:
- Optimizing your YouTube videos for Search – YT is the 2nd largest search engine next to it’s parent, Google.
- 5 Types of Videos you need to Produce to Market your Business Effectively
- A Complete Guide to Using Infographics
- Creating Long-form Videos that Sell
- Improving Your Instagram Photos
- Why You Need more Visual Content
- How to Start a Podcast
- 4 Steps to Effective Content Promotion on Social Media
- Creating Audience-Focused Content that Drives Conversions
- Strategies to Draw More Visitors to your Website
- Content Marketing that Converts using Psychology
- 10 Journalism Skills Every Content Marketing Needs
- Do you Write Content for People or the Search Engine?
Google and SEO:
- How fast your site loads on desktop and mobile is a key factor in SEO. Google now provides more insights on what’s making your site load slowly in their speed test.
- Google+ is gone on April 2, 2019. If you have a business check out G-Suite.
- For eCommerce businesses, this is important: Uploading your Product Data to Search Results
- Voice Search 101 – You need to understand how the way people search is changing
- Get the Best from Google Search with Rich Snippets
- Why your Website Needs HTTPS – This week I went to view a site on Chrome and it blocked it because it didn’t have the SSL secure certificate.