With all the 2019 trends to write about, I refrained from publishing my weekly “news you can use” articles and am doing a big January 2019 recap and switching to “Digital Marketing” news. This encompasses much more than just social media but also including websites, email, SEO, ecommerce and other aspects of digital marketing.
You may be wondering what’s happening with the new WordPress editor, Gutenberg. I’m still not using it. I’m so used to the old one that I don’t want to take the time to figure out the new one. Here are a few articles on Gutenberg and other things WordPress:
- Common Gutenberg Questions Answered
- Adding Social Share Buttons on WordPress
- WordPress.org vs WordPress.com – the Difference
- How to Setup Google Analytics on WordPress
- Best WooCommerce Themes
- 10 Ecommerce Platforms to Choose for Your Online Business
- Shopify vs WooCommerce – Which Platform is Better? A very nice, detailed comparison of the 2 top ecommerce platforms.
- Ecommerce KPIs (key performance indicators) Critical to Growing your Online Store
- 21 Web Directories that Have Value – back when I first started doing websites in the ’90s, I had a huge list of online directories to add sites to. Here are a few that still work.
- 10 Local Search Features You Should Be Using
- What is Google Search Console and Why You Need It
- 7 SEO Blunders (I’ve got these and more here…)
- How to Rank for Featured Snippets
- How to Write for Users & Search Engines
- What You Need to Know Before Hiring an SEO Expert
- Your SEO Audit Checklist
- Google My Business – New Features for Local Service Businesses
- Google is taking info for Featured Snippets from PDFs now!
- Optimize Your Website for Voice Search
If this is too overwhelming, let’s schedule a free 15-minute call.
- The Psychology Behind Viral Videos
- A Guide to IGTV (Instragram TV)
- Easy Tools to Create Effective Marketing Videos
- Video Marketing Stats
- 3 Reasons Why Baby Boomers are Turning to YouTube
- Video Marketing Works
- How to Engage Your Audience with Live Video
General Social Media News and Tips
- Social Media Marketing Tips for Contractors
- Reaching the Younger Generation: Gen Z
- Using Emojis to Improve Your Communications
- The Complete Social Media Image and Video Size Guide
- The State of Social Media 2019 from the folks at Buffer
- How to Pick a Social Media Marketing Firm
- How to Build a Multilingual Social Media Presence – going beyond English
- Turn Fans into Superfans
- 10 Conversion Tips to Increase Sales
- Report: How People Use Social Apps
- Benefits of Social Listening
- Facebook to Merge Instagram, WhatsApp and Messenger – Yikes!
- Ways to Boost Your Facebook Business Page Visibility Leaving the Old Facebook Behind
- Ways to Generate More Engagement on Your Facebook Page
- Facebook Marketing Groups to Join