This week’s digital marketing news has a lot of updates and tips for video and visual marketing.
A new study showed that you now have only 2 SECONDS to catch someone’s attention online! Wow! That’s down from 7 seconds (a goldfish has an 8-second attention span)! That’s what makes videos and visuals so important. You need to stand out among all the other content that’s out there.
Think about it. On social media alone, you’re not just competing with your direct industry competitors, but you’re also competing with the kids, grand kids, friends, family, other businesses, celebrities, politicians and other news for the attention of your target market. That’s what makes creating target market personas so important.
Each week I weed through dozens of blog posts and articles from many social media, SEO and marketing sources so you don’t have to! I select the ones that I feel offer the most useful information and are easy to understand for the least techie person.
Here’s what I found this week in digital marketing news:
- A 6-Step Workflow to Create Videos for Multiple Platforms
- Facebook F8: New Updates for Instagram, ‘Shop from Creators’ and Updated Camera
- New Creative Commons Search Engine to help you find free-use pictures
- How to save Instagram Videos to any Device
- Simple Visuals – How adding them to your blog makes a huge difference
- The Current Status of Live Video
- The 6 Best Video Formats
- Growing Your Instagram Following with Stories
- 9 Proven Ways to Reduce Shopping Cart Abandonment
- Improve your eCommerce business with Artificial Intelligence (Ai)
- 7 Types of Social Proof to Grow Your eCommerce Sales
- 6 Branding Mistakes Online Retailers Need to Stop Making
- The Ultimate Guide to Reddit Marketing (Reddit?)
- How to Drive Sales with Social Media Marketing
- 10 Surprising Stats about Content on LinkedIn
- Why Buying Fake Followers on Instagram Kills Your Credibility (and all the networks!)
- Why Outsourcing Your Social Media is a Smart Move (or at least part of it!)
- B2B Marketers on Instagram? Check this out…
- Social Media Campaign Basics for Niche Audiences
- Basics of Branding for 2019
This week’s Featured Marketing Infographic
It may look a bit daunting at first, but it really outlines how everything works together to be successful in conversions, lead-generation and nurturing sales.