The big news as we approach the end of March 2019 is that Google+ will be closing down on April, 2, 2019. If you were using it for SEO, read this article on how to use Twitter instead. If you used it regularly and saved items to collections, you need to download your content now.
Here’s the Recap of Social Media News that you need to know….
- Is Facebook Organic Marketing Dead? – Here are tips on how you can promote your business on Facebook without buying ads.
- If you do decide to do paid ads on Facebook, here’s a good Guide to Facebook Ads for Entrepreneurs.
- The Future of Facebook and Messenger
- A List of Facebook Messenger Chatbot Tools
- Want to try something different with your Facebook advertising? Have you considered using text-based sponsored posts?
- Facebook has yet another Data Security Issue
- 5 Best Practices for Facebook Ads
- How to Use Facebook to Learn More about Your Audience
- Maximize Instagram Stories
- Never Underestimate the Value of Instagram Captions
- Using Your Instagram Bio Link to Drive [Organic] Traffic to Your Website
- How to add “Alt-Text” to Instagram Posts to Help with Search
Google and Search Engine Optimization:
- Google Expands Travel Searches to Include Vacation Rental Properties.
- Are you a Podcaster? You’re going to like this news that Google now creates transcripts of podcasts to make them more searchable.
- Google’s Speech-to-Text Tools are Getting Better
Content, Email Marketing and Lead Generation:
- 7 Surefire Ways to Capture Email Leads
- Establish an Editorial Calendar for your Content Marketing Strategy
- contenDoes Your Content Sell? It’s OK to have good, educational content, but isn’t the purpose of your website to sell your product or service? Here’s where content creation goes beyond SEO and focuses on getting the reader to convert.
- 41 Places to find FREE Images Online
- Know your Audience’s Content Intent
- Marketing Automation is Great Until “Ai” takes over and Messes it up. Here’s what you have to look for…
- The Non-Marketer’s Guide to Writing Better Social Media Copy
- How to Increase Email Open Rates
- How to Use Quora (Q&A site) to Find New Content Ideas
- Pop-ups — You gotta hate them. They are annoying, aren’t they? I want to read the article. I don’t want to have to remove a pop-up that gets in the way. And if I just landed on your website for the first time, how do I know if I want your free download or join your email list if I don’t read your content? The problem is that pop-ups work when it comes to lead generation and they kick-off your marketing automation program. But for me, the best place to have it is as the bottom or when someone is leaving your site. Don’t block the text that attracted the reader in the first place! Here are some of the best WordPress Pop-up Plugins. You decide what works best for you. Test them.
- Beginners Guide to Editing YouTube Videos
- How to Create Compelling YouTube Descriptions – 5 Templates
- How to Use Google Analytics eCommerce Reports: Standard vs. Enhanced
- 5 Simple Pinterest Tips to Grow Your eCommerce Business
- Google Releases New Guide to Maximizing eCommerce Opportunities
General Digital Marketing Tips:
- Do you have a documented Social Media Strategy? If you’re answer is “no”, you are actually in the same boat as 50.9% of businesses. Even worse are 100% of businesses are doing “on-the-fly” Social Media posting and ads. Read about more of these trends here.
- If you’re a Local Business, are you taking advantage of Social Media like you should?
- If you plan on doing paid ads (pay-per-click [PPC]) on Google and other online networks, here’s a good guide to reach your target audience.
- Crush your Competition with these Marketing Tips
- A Guide to Social Media Customer Service
- 10 Metrics to Track when Analyzing your Social Media Marketing
- How to get Real, Genuine Followers on Pinterest
- Website Design Trends for 2019
- LinkedIn Adds New Meeting Planner Tools within it’s Messaging Stream
- I remember when I first started doing social media marketing I had a client who was a florist. We were doing a lot of work on Pinterest (best place to reach brides-to-be). One day, I found that I had just spent 20 minutes looking at pictures on Pinterest and I hadn’t even been on the bridal topic! It’s easy to get distracted and lose track of time. I started setting a timer — 15 minutes. That’s it! Here’s an interesting podcast from Social Media Examiner on how not to get distracted when you have work to do.
And I’m throwing in this infographic from Social Media Today at the end. 21 Ways to Use Social Media Marketing for Business to get New Customers.
I can help you…
- Clearly identify your target audience.
- Research your audience to determine how best to reach them with the digital marketing tools.
- Set-up your social media so it’s branded consistently and optimized for search.
- Plan out your strategy to best reach your goals and objectives.
- Map out a tactical plan to implement your strategy.
- Teach you how to manage it all effectively.
- Coach you as you scrutinize your analytics and plan for the next month.