Google+ is Google’s social network which is attached to the search engine. The reason you want to use G+ regularly, is for search engine optimization (SEO).
Google+ is the most misunderstood social network. But it’s crucial that you embrace and master it so that when people search for what you have to offer, you’ll come up in the first page of Google search engine results page. (SERPs)
Here is what you need to know about Google+
- Everything posted public gets indexed in the search engine.
- The speed in which it’s indexed depends on how active you are on the network.
- “Active” means engaging – +1ing (liking), sharing, commenting as well as posting regularly.
- For local businesses, Google Places and Google Maps merged into Google+ Local
- Any business can have a G+ business page.
- You need a personal account to set up a business page. The personal account is the “White Pages” and the business page is the “Yellow Pages”
If you have a local business, you probably have a Google+ page and don’t even know it. Guess what? if it’s not branded properly — that is with your logo and a nice, quality cover graphic — you’re not presenting a good first impression.
Watch this Google+ overview video:
YouTube is owned by Google and connects to your Google+ pages.
Here’s what you need to know about YouTube:
- You logo comes from the Google+ page you have connected to it. If it shows your picture instead of your logo, you’ve got it connected to the wrong page.
- You need to add cover art – a large enough graphic that looks good no matter what device is used to view the video: a computer, tablet, phone or HD TV.
- You can upload a “subscribe now” button to give viewers a call-to-action and gain subscribers.
- You can add “channel defaults” and have your website and social links and business description on every video you upload. This aids in SEO.
- Channel keywords and an optimized description are essential for getting found in the 2nd largest search engine.
- You can feature videos and have a free channel ad
Watch this video for an overview of YouTube:
Click here to learn everything you need to be successful in promoting your business with our online classes.