So you’re not coming up on the first page or Google search. Your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is hurting. Maybe one of your competitors is coming up above you in organic search.
What are the doing right that you’re not doing?
Check out SEO Centro‘s SEO Analyzer. It’s free and you can check how your competition is doing too!
Enter your URL (web address) in the box and hit submit. It’ll will go check your site and give you a report. The report will give you an both SEO and speed scores out of 100. 100 being the best. The higher the better. Below that you’ll see warnings and errors. These you’ll want to share with your webmaster. Usually they are easy fixes. In this example, they had too much content. Yes, there is such a thing as too much content on one page!
It also checks your social media interactions:
If you’re site doesn’t have the social media aspect setup correctly, it’s going to hurt your SEO. Fortunately, there are some free WordPress plugins that can help and it only takes a little bit of setup and you’re good to go!
- SEO by Yoast – guides you in optimizing each blog post and page for SEO.
- Official Twitter Plugin for WordPress – makes your pictures come up on Twitter so your tweet stands out when shared on Twitter.
- JetPack – adds share buttons to the bottom of every post and page; has widgets for Twitter, Facebook and a Google+ badge connecting your Google+ page which makes Google happy. And we always want to keep Google happy!
- Social Media Feather – adds social media follow buttons to the bottom of every blog post to make it easy for visitors to follow you on the social networks.
Look at the sidebar on the right of this page, those are widgets. They are also calls-to-action. At the bottom of this post you’ll see two sets of social media buttons, clearly marked for easy following and sharing.
You have to make it easy for people to do what you want them to otherwise they won’t do it!
Oh, and you need to have your social media profile pages setup so you can connect them properly. And if you’re not active on social media, it’s not going to look good if someone clicks on your Twitter link and sees that your page isn’t branded right and the last time you posted was 2 years ago.
Everything works together:
- A functioning website optimized for Google.
- Social media profile pages also optimized for their own internal search engines.
- Blogging at least once a week, 2-3 times a week is ideal.
You can’t expect to get good results if you don’t have all these factors in place.
So, if you’re just starting out…
Let’s start with a free 15-minute phone consult so I can analyze where you are and where you want to be.
Even if you’ve been attempting online marketing for a while on your own, you may not be getting the results you could be getting.
Learning how to properly and effectively do online marketing is crucial to the success of your business.