I’m sure you’ll all agree that Pinterest is a hot commodity for B2C businesses trying to reach the consumer. Recently, the folks at Pinterest have added a new feature: the Showcase!
You can showcase your best boards with your best products. This is just for Business Accounts. If you’ve set up a personal Pinterest account to promote your business, you need to convert it to a business account by going to http://business.pinterest.com.
In this video, I demonstrate how easy it is to set up your showcase on Pinterest.
To recap, you need:
- A Business Account
- 5 Boards with Pins saved in them – it shows how many pins are in each board as it slides.
- Nice “ideas”, as they call the pins now, in each of the boards.
- You can add promoted pins, if you use them.
Since the video was recorded, they’ve moved the Showcase Setup from the front of the account to “Settings”. You need to click on your logo in the upper right corner and go to Settings, then “Profile”. There you’ll see this:
It’s easy to edit it at any time by clicking on the pen icon in the bottom right of the showcase. Here are some things to remember:
- Pick your boards carefully.
- Plan ahead with what you want to showcase and change it seasonally.
- Make sure they are quality pictures or videos.
- Remember this all contributes to your online reputation and image.
There are many free tools and features that the networks have to offer businesses who want to reach their thousands of users on social media.