You have to admit that today’s Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a challenge. It’s frustrating and a lot of hard work. Furthermore, it’s way more than just finding the right keywords.
You want your business to come up on the first page of Google. If you’re not doing Pay-Per-Click (PPC), Google’s paid advertising, then you have 10-12 chances to land on the first page. That’s called “Organic” Search Engine Results Page (SERP).
The more competitive your field or industry is, the more challenging this is going to be.
If you Build it they won’t Come
As this infographic from Macallan Marketing illustrates, today’s SEO is made up of not just keyword-centric website, but content marketing, blogging, social media and mobile-friendliness and responsiveness play integral parts in SEO success.*
- You have to blog – it’s the fresh, relevant content that Google is looking for. Keeping Google happy is crucial. We recommend WordPress.
- Every time you share a blog post, landing page or even your home page in social media posts, you get “Google Juice” that helps with SEO. Read this related article: An SEO Tale of 2 Auto Repair Shops.
- Creating YouTube videos help. Video is hot. Moreover, you should have a video strategy.
- Having a mobile-friendly website. Is your site mobile-friendly? Click here to test it.
- Be consistent in the Steps of Effective Digital Marketing
If you stop doing this, people — and Google — are going to think you fell off the face of the earth!
Your analytics will tell you what’s working and not working. Additionally, they’ll tell you where your people are coming from, how long they stayed on your site and how many pages they viewed. If you stop blogging and posting, you’ll definitely see a downturn in website visitors.
We can help you either by doing some of it for you or training you or your staff so you can do it yourselves properly and effectively.