It’s time to take Social Media Marketing seriously!
I see SO MANY small business owners making the same mistakes over and over again on the social media networks and it breaks my heart! And it’s only because:
You don’t know what you don’t know!
Ignorance is no longer bliss!
You MUST get your social media act together!
This is what’s working against you when you ignore social media:
- Your website, or any information about you, does not come up on the first page of Google when a potential customer searches for what you have to offer.
- Nobody knows you who are.
- Online posting, when done properly builds awareness that you exist.
- Participating helps establish you as an expert in your field or industry.
- Engagement helps you build relationships with potential customers and referral sources.
- Potential customers feel they can’t trust you.
- Having an incomplete Facebook page or LinkedIn profile is like having a sloppy lobby. No one wants to keep reading about you, let alone buy something.
- Social Media helps build credibility and people buy from whom they know and trust.
- Positive social media marketing builds a positive online image of your company.
- You reputation suffers.
- Your online reputation is the new word-of-mouth. Now instead of someone telling 10 friends, they tell 100 or even 1000!
- You only get one chance to make a good first impression. And that applies to your Facebook page, Twitter profile, website, LinkedIn profile – everything!
- You can’t just post your stuff! It’s not sell, sell, sell. It’s share, share, share. Offer some free tips and advice. You’ll gain respect and authority.
“Which is larger, that which you know or that which you don’t know?”
“That which I don’t know, I would think.”
“So then, it’s only wise that you seek that which you don’t know.”
Yes, it is overwhelming and I understand where you’re coming from. However, you cannot continue to put your social media marketing on the back burner and expect your business to succeed!
Where to start depends on where you are in your business.
If you are just starting out and haven’t been doing much on social media, then my beginners class on SkillShare is the best place to begin. It includes a bevy of useful resources that you can implementing right away.
If you’ve been doing it a while and not seeing good results or if you’ve set everything up but don’t know what to do with it, then you’re ready for the Social Media Marketing Boot Camp 101. You will learn, in 8 modules (less than 30 minutes each!), the basics about content marketing, blogging and the major social media networks. These tutorials are easy-to-follow and created for the least techie people out there. Watch them on your own time and at your own speed. Pause, rewind and view it again until you understand how it all works.
Learning how social media works properly is useful even if you’re planning on hiring an internal employee or an outside firm. Knowing how it’s done properly will help you monitor their work and understand the reports.
You’ve waited long enough. It’s time to get Social Savvy!