If you haven’t noticed by now, if you haven’t already… it’s time to take Social Media Marketing seriously!
I see SO MANY small business owners still making the same mistakes over and over again on the social media networks and it breaks my heart! And it’s only because:
You don’t know what you don’t know!
Ignorance is no longer bliss!
You MUST get your digital marketing act together!
This is what’s working against you when you ignore social media:
- Your website, or any information about you, does not come up on the first page of Google when a potential customer searches for what you have to offer.
- Tweets (from Twitter) come up in Google search.
- Your social media profile pages come up in Google.
- Sharing your blog posts on social media creates legitimate backlinks to your site, aiding with SEO.
- Nobody knows you who are.
- Online posting, when done properly builds awareness that you exist.
- Participating helps establish you as an expert in your field or industry.
- Engagement helps you build relationships with potential customers and referral sources.
- Potential customers feel they can’t trust you.
- Having an incomplete Facebook page or LinkedIn profile is like having a sloppy lobby. No one wants to keep reading about you, let alone buy something.
- Social Media helps build credibility and people buy from whom they know and trust.
- Positive social media marketing builds a positive online image of your company.
- You reputation suffers.
- Your online reputation is the new word-of-mouth. Now instead of someone telling 10 friends, they tell 100 or even 1000!
- You only get one chance to make a good first impression. And that applies to your Facebook page, Twitter profile, website, LinkedIn profile – everything!
- You can’t just post your stuff! It’s not sell, sell, sell. It’s share, share, share. Offer some free tips and advice. You’ll gain respect and authority.
“Which is larger, that which you know or that which you don’t know?”
“That which I don’t know, I would think.”
“So then, it’s only wise that you seek that which you don’t know.”
Yes, it is overwhelming and I understand where you’re coming from. However, you cannot continue to put your social media marketing on the back burner and expect your business to succeed!
First, you need to define your target market(s) – this Free Workbook will help. Then, do some research. Figure out your what’s makes you unique in the ability to solve their problems or pain points and create personas. Once you have that figured out, set SMART Goals. Those will help determine your strategy on how you’re going to meet those goals. Your tactical plan outlines how you’re going to implement the strategy. Finally, just do it! Then check your analytics at the end of month to see what worked and didn’t work.
Learning how marketing on the social works effectively is useful even if you’re planning on hiring an internal employee or an outside firm. Knowing how it’s done properly will help you monitor their work and understand the reports.
You’ve waited long enough. It’s time to get Social Savvy!