You’ve probably heard me mention or write about the 7 Ps of social media marketing. Well, I heard of2 more to add to the list!
The first two “Ps” are the new ones. But I have to tell you, with all the mistakes I see small businesses making out there, you need to understand how all 9 of them work together.
The 9 Ps of Social Media Marketing
- Perspective – Look at everything through your target market’s eyes – which means that you really need to get to know your customers.
- Purpose – What’s your business’s purpose? To sell? NO! To help the customer, solve their problems, alleviate their pain points.
- Planning – Identifying your purpose will help you set goals. Once your goals set, you put your strategic and tactical plans together. I can help you with my planning services.
- Preparation – Make sure you’ve got quality graphics everywhere. Your branding should be consistent throughout — that means your website as well as your social media profiles. Do they look like they all belong to the same company? Plan out your marketing campaigns month-to-month. Put together an editorial calendar.
- Participation – You can automate a lot of the content, but you still have to be social! It’s about building relationships with potential customers as well as referral sources.
- Posting – People are not going to follow you if you’re not posting content! What’s the best time to post?
- Persistence – It’s a marathon, not a sprint. If you stop, people and Google will think you fell off the face of the earth.
- Perseverance – Keep at it. You might not see results right away, but your analytics will tell you what’s working and not working. Check them monthly.
- Patience – There is a common misconception that if you post something on social media, it will automatically go viral. NOT! It may take 3-6 months before you start seeing results depending on your business, industry, competition, the economy, seasons, world news, even the weather. You’ve got to put in more work up front to build a following.
Where do you start?