Learn how to Properly use Social Media for Marketing
Just posting to Facebook is not marketing. Having a Twitter account and not tweeting on a regular basis is not marketing. That’s actually hurts you more than helps. It’s your online reputation.
Not understanding how each network works makes you look foolish.
Each network “drives” like a different type of vehicle. You wouldn’t drive a sports car like you drive an SUV or a pickup truck. Here’s how I see the main social networks:
- Twitter is the sports car – fast-moving, newsy, life in 280 characters of less.
- LinkedIn is the luxury car – professional, business class
- Pinterest is the minivan – 80% women, 1/2 have kids
- Facebook is the crossover – useful for many things – 60/40 B2C/B2B
- Google+ is the pickup truck – no nonsense, get-down-to-business. It’s connected to the Google search engine. Anything posted “Public” gets indexed in Google. The more “engaged” you are, the more Google “rewards” you with better search engine page results.
- YouTube is like a convertible – best way to get noticed and build awareness!
- Instagram and Snapchat are also to build brand awareness — especially trying to reach a young audience.
Customized Social Media Marketing Training: 1-on-1 via Skype no matter where you are!
- How to build a following and relationships with your target market
- How to manage your social media in 30 minutes a day once your following is established
- Strategies, tools, tricks & tips – time savers!
- How to blog and manage a WordPress site*
- Finding and curating content
- Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube
You work on your own computer at your own speed. Besides the 1:1 customized training, you’ll also get:
- A list of free online social media marketing resources
- An editorial calendar template
Training is customized for your specific business and targeting your current and potential customers. We recommend having a solid social media marketing plan before you start training – click here for our complete social media marketing packages including set-up and planning.
*Note: WordPress will soon be totally changing their editor to the new “Gutenberg”. It’s a drag and drop system. I will be offering 1:1 training class on it. Watch for announcements.