It’s constantly changing — social media marketing and SEO. The social networks add and test new features, Google tweaks their algorithm and people come up with new strategies to best use the networks to sell products and services. That’s what I try to bring in these semi-weekly articles — Social Media News (and tips) you can use!
What’s hot this week in social media news?
Pew Research finds that usage has decreased on Facebook since March. Somehow that doesn’t surprise me. Actions have consequences. And Facebook’s changes to their algorithm has cost them users. I know I spend less time on Facebook and more time on Twitter.
And a new report shows that people still go to social media for news. I know I can’t start my day without checking to see what’s trending on Twitter.
Twitter, trying to compete with Facebook Live Video, is now highlighting live streaming videos to your followers. So don’t forget Twitter. Doing live video on both simultaneously is as easy as setting up 2 devices at the same time. You need good Internet and charged batteries. Live stream from a laptop with a webcam, a tablet and a smart phone.
101 Shopping Days till Christmas!
You may have seen the Christmas items in the stores already.
Do you have your holiday marketing plan yet? Here are some eCommerce tips to get you ready for the online shopping rush. Don’t wait till October to plan your holiday marketing strategy!
Content Marketing for eCommerce:
As per Demand Metric, content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates 3x as many leads. ~ Social Media Today, “7 Effective Content Marketing Ideas for Your eCommerce Business”
- Holiday shoppers actually have too many choices to make these days. Instead of going to the mall, there are millions of online eCommerce sites from where to buy gifts. They need to find you if you have what they want or need. Check out these tips.
- The Consumer Buying Behavior in the Digital Age
- There’s a rumor that Instagram is coming up with an stand-alone shopping app.
- Have a budget? Then try Facebook’s new, “more creative” ad options for the holidays.
Google Ads & SEO
- Old Google Adwords used to be a challenge to pick the right keywords, compose an ad, track the results and even see results. They’ve made some major changes to the keyword research tool and how the ads work altogether like new “Responsive Ads”.
- If you don’t want to spend money, then you need to have to make sure you’ve got all the foundations of an optimized website.
General Tips & News:
- Online Reputation Management – It’s amazing how quickly one little bad review, one goof, a bad idea or one bad employee can damage the online image of a business. Here’s what you need to know.
- 2018 Digital Advertising Trends – Updated!
- 10 Types of Visual Content you should be using in your Marketing Strategy.
- How to get more conversions — leads or sales.
- LinkedIn Launches New Group Experience — I’ve always said that one of the best places to network is LinkedIn Groups and now they’ve made it easier!
- Facebook now can read text in images.
- Use Templates & Checklists to make your Blogging Time go Smoother
- How what your brand says in emails, messaging apps, and social media comments builds more trust than advertising.