So how’s the first week of 2017 been treating you? I’m pleased to announce that I’ll be assisting 2 new start-up businesses do market and keyword, research, strategic and tactical planning, setting up their social media platforms and building their following. You’ll hear more about them down the line as I record myself doing a lot of the work so you can learn how to do it yourselves! And that’s what this is all about!
Empowering You to Become Social Savvy!
Here again are this week’s Must-Read, Social Media News You Can Use!
- Marketing automation for the little guy is helping to power the new economy – Marketing automation has become very affordable. I use MailChimp (ad link) and it works like a charm for me. The marketing automation feature is only $30 a month. It’s pretty basic and for those of you starting out and trying to grow your email list, you can’t beat the price! However, you have to have an enticing offer so that a visitor will give you their email address. That’s a conversion.
- 6 Tactics for Turning Your Website into a Lead Generating Machine – This one goes with the one above. Isn’t that the goal of your website to generate good, quality leads?
- Mixed Signals on Social Commerce – I wrote about this in my 2017 outlook for social media piece. 1 in 5 Internet users have actually bought something directly from social media. That’s impulse buying!
- 9 Ways to Sell on Social Media – Back when social media began, we were told not to “sell” on social. Social media was supposed to drive traffic to the website and that’s where they convert. Conversely, the social media networks are now making it easier to sell on social.
- Top LinkedIn Demographics That Matter to Social Media Marketers – Many B2C marketers ignore LinkedIn. Nonetheless, according to the demographics, LinkedIn users have buying power.
- Will StumbleUpon Help in Improving the Website Traffic – Some of you may not have even heard of StumbledUpon, but it is a free tool to help with search engine ranking.
- Does Content Actually Bring in Customers? – I know some of you are still not convinced that blogging and producing useful content for your target market(s) actually works. Maybe seeing it on Entrepreneur Magazine will persuade you to take it seriously.
- Here’s the First Periscope Live 360° Video Taken Underwater – I wrote about 360° video in the 2017 Content Marketing outlook piece. Here’s another cool example. What you can do with this is only limited by your creativity.
- 21 Tips on Running a Great Social Media Contest – Contests are a great way to get exposure, grow a following and drive traffic to your website.
- Consumer Trust Is Evolving in the Digital Age – People buy from whom they know and trust. Embracing this fact is crucial to marketing success. Interesting data on generational breakdowns regarding the sources they trust. Furthermore, understanding how people in different age brackets use online media is important.