Let’s face it, business owners, Marketing Technology (or MarTech to the techie folks) can get out of hand. What happened to the days when putting your shingle outside your store and an ad in the Yellow Pages (remember those?) was enough?
Take a look at the infographic depicting all the marketing technology choices out there in 2016:
You can click on it to view a larger image, but don’t go cross-eyed trying to make sense out of it.
You can’t be on all the networks all the time!
Here are 10 Logical Steps You Need to Follow to keep Yourself Sane in this crazy MarTech world.
- Clearly Define Your Target Marketing Niches – You can have more than one target market! But you MUST identify them. Start with this FREE Workbook.
- Do some research on your target, which social networks they use most often and figure out the best way to reach them. Create personas for each niche.
- Get to know your target audience. What do they like or don’t like? What are they looking for? How can your product or service make their lives better, easier, more fun, etc.
- Get to know the networks. Each one has its own culture. What works on Twitter doesn’t work on LinkedIn. Do you even have to be on Snapchat?
- Make a plan. Brainstorm with your team or a mentor. Work out some strategies on how to engage your target audience on the social networks. You don’t have to be on all the networks! Focus on the ones that your target market frequents the most.
- Make a content calendar. What are you going to blog about? What does your target audience need to know that will make their lives better…. etc.? (What’s in it for them?)
- Optimize EVERYTHING. Each and every description, about section, bio, web page and blog post must be optimized not just for Google, but for the powerful internal search engines that each network has.
- Take time to learn. You can never waste your time learning how to do something better and more efficiently.
- Use it or lose it. Apply what you learn right away so you don’t forget it. Don’t be afraid to wander around Facebook or LinkedIn even Twitter and Google+. You’ll get faster and savvier, the more you participate and engage.
- Have confidence. As you learn how to properly and effectively use the social media networks to engage with your target; as you get more comfortable creating the content that your target audience wants to see, you will feel more confident with your marketing efforts and you’ll also start seeing results.
That’s why I created Your Social Savvy Solution Members Only. It’s where you can go and get all the knowledge that you need, in a logical progression, to become the confident, savvy marketer so you can….
- Drive traffic to your website
- Generate more leads
- Grow a following
- Become an influencer
- Increase sales
- Get on the first page of Google
- Be more effective
What are you waiting for? Special Introductory Price…. Learn More….