The last week of 2016 was full of more 2017 predictions and “best of” compilations with regard to social media news, but I did find some valuable articles.
I love this little poem from The Story of Telling “Change Making”:
The story changes the value.
The value changes the perception.
The perception changes the experience.
The experience changes the outcome.
The outcome changes the customer.
The customer changes the story.
Are you telling stories in your blog posts? That’s something to think about!
Here are this weeks top Social Media News Posts:
- Are Selfies and Businesses a Social Media Match Made in Heaven? – Read the article before you go selfie crazy!
- While We’re Going After Fake News, How About Ad Scams, Too? – Be careful what you click on. If it looks too good to be true it usually is!
- How to Use Instagram Live Video – It was just a matter of time till Facebook added their Live Streaming Video feature to Instagram. Here it is!
- Do You Need Google AMP? – AMP = Accelerated Mobile Pages. With Google’s “mobile first” focus for 2017, this may be something to consider.
- Google Shopping feed optimization: Speak your customers’ language and write more compelling product titles – If you have an ecommerce site – this one’s for you! Even if you don’t do Google Adwords, it has good tips on optimizing your product titles so they’ll come up in Google organic search results.
- Why Google shutting down Map Maker should terrify SMBs – This one is for local businesses with brick-and-mortar locations.
- Periscope (and Twitter) launches live 360 video broadcasting – In my 2017 Social Media Truths, I mentioned Facebook 360° video and now Twitter & Periscope has it too!
- – I usually advise folks to start doing social media marketing without doing ads, but if you want to get maximum exposure, this is something to consider.
- Desktop SEO VS. Mobile SEO [Infographic] – It’s important that you know your target market – do they use more mobile or desktop? It makes a difference!