Oh, it always happens this time of year — the reviews of 2016 and the predictions for 2017. I’ve been collecting those and will be picking out the best for a post soon. Wow! There was a lot of social media news to sift through this week!
One thing’s for sure, we can never stop learning.
Learning is like Rowing Upstream: Not to Advance is to Drop Back. ~ Chinese Proverb
Here are this week’s best of social media news:
Note: comments are mine.
- Facebook Releases New Data on the Rising Opportunity of Messaging for Business [Infographic] – If you’re trying to reach the millennials, this is something you need to look into.
- 28 Ways to Get More Followers on Pinterest [Infographic] – I couldn’t have written it better myself!
- How to Use Instagram Live Video for Business – Figures that Facebook would add the live video feature to Instagram.
- Improving Site Speed: Everything You Need to Know – How fast your website loads affects your Google ranking.
- How to Find Social Media Micro-influencers for Your Small Business – Influencer marketing is when you make friends with a few folks who have lots of followers and they help promote your social media messages.
- 5 Elements of a Successful Social Media Profile Picture – The Psychology of Color is one aspect of great Branding. I cover this in “Branding Beyond the Logo” Class.
- Now You Can Create Twitter Moments via Mobile Devices – Ah, Twitter, in their never-ending competition with Facebook and Instagram, comes up with “Twitter Moments” for the mobile app.
- How to Create a Social Media Content Calendar for a Year – You know that you need to blog 2-3 times a week (no less than once a week). But, where do you come up with fresh ideas? This will help by just using a simple spreadsheet.
- It’s Time to Take Facebook Seriously for Location Marketing – Ok, you local businesses! I’ve written about Facebook’s Places Directory before, isn’t time to start doing it?
- Avoid Shopping Cart Abandonment with Better SEO This Holiday Season – You’ve attracted a visitor to your e-commerce site. They start browsing. They start filling up their shopping cart. Then they leave. Why?
Remember, if this all becomes too overwhelming for you, I’m here to help! Book a free 30-minute phone consult with me and we can go over your efforts to see how we can boost your efficiency and get you better results.
What do you need to learn? Please comment below and I’ll see what I can find for you.
1:1 coaching sessions available! Special Holiday Price: $50/hr!