Happy October! In case you missed it, here are the upcoming October Awareness and Observance Days. Get creative and plan out your tweets to get exposure by spinning your marketing message around these. Use Canva to create graphic posts, then use TweetDeck to schedule them out.
Important Social Media News:
If you haven’t heard, Facebook had a major data breach last week. Over 50 million accounts were affected.
“Our investigation is still in its early stages. But it’s clear that attackers exploited a vulnerability in Facebook’s code that impacted “View As”, a feature that lets people see what their own profile looks like to someone else. This allowed them to steal Facebook access tokens which they could then use to take over people’s accounts. Access tokens are the equivalent of digital keys that keep people logged in to Facebook so they don’t need to re-enter their password every time they use the app.”
Change your passwords even if you didn’t get a message from Facebook.
More Cyber Security News:
- New Study: Web Security Affects SEO
- It Takes 191 Days for a Company to Realize there’s been a Data Breach!
- How do Social Media Platforms Protect your Information
I have been doing Internet marketing for 3 years and here comes Google. Almost instantly, people were asking, “Have you Googled yourself?” Back then, the only “Giselle Aguiar” was a meteorologist in Brazil (my last name is Portuguese). Now, there are several that come up — with different spellings.
More Google News:
- Make content more relevant. I tout this all the time. The fresher and more relevant your content, better your chances of coming up on the 1st page of Google.
- What’s your “EAT” rating? Here’s how you can improve it…
- Have you been posting to Google My Business? Posts can be up 1500 characters now! Don’t miss this opportunity! These posts come up in Google searches.
- Google Maps adds new feature to help with commuting.
- Google’s Mobile app feed changes to “Google Discover”
- Google Images now show image credentials. You have to be careful when using graphics from the Web. You may be fined for copyright infringement.
- You really need to put yourself in your target market‘s shoes and figure out their “search intent”. What are they REALLY looking for?
More Facebook News & Tips:
- How to use Facebook Groups to Promote Your Brand
- I bet you’re wondering, “Should I even bother with a Facebook page?” One thing I can tell you, that Facebook is not the same it was a few months ago. If starting new, it will be harder to grow your following.
- So, since you now have to “pay to play” on Facebook, here are 2 new Video Advertising options.
- Selling with Facebook Lead Ads
- How to use Facebook Chatbots
- Are you using Facebook Stories? Maybe you should be.
- 4 Ways to Collect Email Leads from your Facebook Group.
Digital Marketing Mistakes
One of my popular posts is the compilation of all the mistakes I see small business owners making with their attempts in online marketing. Here are a few real-world examples of mistakes some well-known brands have made:
- LinkedIn Groups – new professional communities
- Join Greater Phoenix SCORE’s Group
- Tips to get more Engagement on LinkedIn
Other Social Media News & Tips:
- EU Article 13: “On September 12, 2018, the European Union passed Article 13, a controversial Copyright Directive which will affect how companies and people in Europe use and profit from the internet.”
- How to Increase Organic (FREE) Traffic Conversions from Twitter
- What is a “Lead Magnet” & how to become one.
- Build Stronger Relationships with Digital Communities
- Marketing with Emojis: Dos & Don’ts
- Twitter Rolls Out Election Awareness Tools for Users
- Note: “Roll Out” means that not all users are going to see it at once.
- Ultimate Guide to Creating Marketing Infographics
- 12 New Realities of Inbound Marketing