Back in the day, whenever you purchased something, the advice was, buyer beware. Before you bought something or hired someone, you had to see credentials, check reviews, or asked a friend or colleague.
However, today’s buyers are savvier and more demanding. They expect more. And, if you can’t provide content they can actually use, they will go elsewhere.
Today’s Consumer is Social Savvy
They know where to look. They know who to ask. They know.
Why You Need to Become Social Savvy
To be successful in today’s marketing, you need to know your target market inside and out. Moreover, you need put yourself in their shoes. Where are they hanging out online? What are they going to enter into the search box to find you? When they have a problem (a pain point) where are they going for answers? How are you going to solve their pain point?
Why do People go Online?
- To be entertained
- They need or want something
- They have a problem and are seeking help
- To know what’s going on, see what happened and what’s happening, curiosity, see what’s trending
- To keep up with their friends and family
- Learning about the latest products
- To keep up with fashion and style
- Keeping up with celebrities
When your potential customer discovers your website, what do they find?
- Articles with answers to their problems?
- Stories about people like them who have the same issues and how your business solved their problem?
- An easy-to-see, clear, call-to-action where they can join a list, get a freebie or more info? Entertainment?
Nevertheless, when a person finds your Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn page what will they find?
- A logo or graphic that’s cut off?
- A cover graphic that’s fuzzy or has text that is blocked by page features?
- Or good, quality graphics that instantly tell them what it is that you do?
- Your last post was over 2 months ago, a few minutes or hours ago?
- The posts are all about how great the business is — selling, selling, selling?
Having an incomplete or fuzzy-looking social media page is like having a sloppy lobby.
Are you Social Savvy? Or does your online image say that you clearly don’t know what you’re doing?
Folks, it’s 2020. Social Media is not going away. You either have to have your act together and get in game or start planning to close or sell your business (if that’s where you have to go, I have someone who can help you).
Then do some research – where are they hanging out online? Which networks do they prefer?
If you keep doing what’s not working expecting different results – that’s insanity!
Remember, not being Social Savvy is no longer an excuse. I wrote my new ebook with you in mind! It’s a step-by-step guide for you to create your own digital marketing strategic plan. Download your copy now!