It might be Christmas & Hanukkah week, but social media news doesn’t stop!
Here’s a tip: If you’re going to be away for the holidays, take a little time to write a couple of blog and a few social media posts and schedule out for the week. This will give you a consistent online presence. And, you never know when you’re target market will be relaxing with their phone or tablet just scrolling through Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Here’s this week’s social media news you can use!
- 7 things business owners fear (but shouldn’t) about SEO – If you dread delving into these tactics to improve your SEO on your own, we can do a coaching session!
- The Yelp Effect: How to Deal With Negative Reviews – I am not a fan of Yelp. I believe that reviews on Facebook and Google, as well as recommendations on LinkedIn, carry a lot of weight. However, some of you have to deal with Yelp whether you like it or not. This article gives some straight-up tips.
Trump Purposely Ignored 4 Golden Rules of Sales and Marketing – I really didn’t see this one coming – Donald Trump, I mean. Like him or not, he is a master at marketing — even though he broke a few rules.
- 7 Digital Marketing Myths to Forget Right Away – “…[Marketing] has changed dramatically since the old days of marketing through paper flyers and ads to the age of the internet, and it’s digital marketing taking the lead position. Unsurprisingly, there are many delusions and myths about digital marketing that need to be debunked.”
[Related: Google isn’t the only search engine to pay attention to…]
- What Twitter’s Search Changes Mean for Marketers – Twitter is taking some clues from Google’s Algorithm Updates and changing to pulling up “relevant” content.
“The change presents both an opportunity and a challenge for marketers.
On one hand, it gives businesses an extra way to get more exposure for their tweets – if search is no longer focused on chronology, but engagement, that means your best tweets are likely to have a longer life span as they’ll keep coming up in search results for that topic over a longer period of time.
But then, of course, that also means you need to be producing engaging tweets in the first place. No doubt this is already a key aim for all Twitter marketers, but this change will put more emphasis on generating tweet engagement.” ~ Social Media Today
- Facebook Live Audio turns the social network into a radio broadcaster – So if you have a “face for radio” or you’re too shy to do Facebook Live Video, how about live audio broadcasting? What will this do to podcasting?
- YouTube Cleaning Up Custom URLs – This is important if your company name is similar to another’s!
- Educate to Dominate Your Competition – “The 6 Psychological Shortcuts of Influence: Reciprocity, Social Proof, Liking, Authority, Scarcity, Commitment & Consistency…”. With so much competition out there — not just in your own field or industry, but with all the “noise” — you need to educate your audience.