What’s the purpose of all this social media hubbub?
Social Media, when done properly, can be a very effective tool for driving traffic to your website and generate quality leads which can be nurtured into sales.
What good is any type of marketing if it doesn’t generate quality leads for you business? Paid or free, if you are not meeting your business goals, you are wasting your time and money.
Now that it’s the end of the year, you need to set your income goals for the new year.
- How much do you want to make next year? Let’s take a nice round number like $120,000
- Take that number and divide it by 12. That will give you $10,000 a month.
- How many new customers do you need to be able to reach that number each month? Let’s say 10.
- How many LEADS do you need to get to attain 10 customers a month? Let’s say 100 if you have a conversion rate of 10%. 1 out of 10 leads become a paying customer.
- How many visitors to your website do you need to attract before you get 100 leads? Let’s say 1000.
OK. You need to attract 1000 visitors to your website each month so you can get 10 paying customers and reach your income goal of $120,000. How do you do that?
- Really get to know your target market so you know what type of content to provide on your blog so that they will come to your site.
- Write a blog post 3 times a week and share it on the social networks.
- Have a way to capture the leads on your website with a clear call-to-action – give them something like a free ebook or coupon.
- Nurture those leads into sales. (Related: 3 Tips to Convert Leads into Sales)
The folks at HubSpot created this “marketing funnel” graphic to show how strangers are attracted to your site, converted into visitors, then leads, then customers and at last advocates.