You may know how to POST on Facebook, but do you know how to properly MARKET on Facebook?
There’s a difference. And if you don’t know how to use Facebook properly to market your business, your personal Facebook account may be suspended! And, guess what? You won’t be able to create another account! That’s the last thing you want to do. If you’re account is suspended, you lose EVERYTHING — personal videos, pictures, connections to friends — everything!
So, what’s the grievous mistake that you can make and may be making?
Using your Personal Facebook account to market your Business.
The keyword there is primarily. You can share a post occasionally with your Facebook friends. You cannot Spam. So,
- You cannot use your business’s logo as your profile picture. That should be YOUR picture.
- You cannot create a personal account in the name of your business.
- Your personal cover graphic cannot be a business promotion.
What you need to do is create a Facebook Business Fan Page.
- Click on the little down arrow in the top far right corner of the top blue bar and select “Create a Page”
- Follow the steps to create your page.
- Fill out ALL the spaces in the “About” section.
Note: On Facebook, your personal account is NOT connected PUBLICLY to your business page. That means that if someone lands on your biz page, they won’t know you own it unless they know you personally. Same for Google+; Not so on LinkedIn. On LinkedIn you are an employee of your business and absolutely connected publicly.