With over 1 billion websites on the Internet and over 2 billion users, having your website stand out among the crowd is a challenge.
- 89% of customers search the web before making a purchase
- 60% of people go to the brand or product website to find relevant information
- 75% of users admit they decide on a company’s credibility based on its website design
In other words, if your target market enters a search term in the Google search box,
- Your site better come up on the first page.
- Have sufficient information so that a potential customer could make a buying decision.
- Be visually appealing, easy to navigate, branded well, updated and functional.
You have 2.6 seconds that it takes a user’s eye to land on the website’s area that influences his or her first impression.
94% of First Impressions are Design-Related
This infographic courtesy of Crucial:
Look at your website from the eyes of your potential target market. Step back. Look at it objectively. If you were your target, would you convert? (Buy, sign-up, request more info, etc.) If you feel that you should rebrand, reconsider your target, or even if you’re just starting out and you’re in the process of designing your website, then the Social Media Success Pack is for you!
Maybe your site is meets all the design criteria and you just need to drive more traffic to your site. What are you doing?
- Are you blogging at least once a week?
- Do you post and participate on social media daily?