Very. When done properly. Social media can be very effective in generating quality leads. However, it takes planning, preparation, posting, participation, persistence, patience and perseverance. Yes, the 7 P’s of Social Media Marketing!
It’s a marathon, not a sprint!
In the question above there are two keywords: Effective and Quality
This is what you want. If you attempt to take short-cuts, it will end up costing you valuable time and money and you won’t get the results you want.
Here are the tools you need for Generating Quality Leads:
- Clearly define your target market(s). Failure to do this will result in drawing visitors to your site who are not at all interested in what you have to offer.
- Research your target. Where are they hanging out online? Which networks do the prefer? What is their buying journey for your product or service? You need to know all this before setting out to conquer the market.
- A good WordPress website that showcases what you do, has a clear, call-to-action and a way to capture the leads. Without this, all the social media in the world won’t help you.
- Set SMART Goals, develop a strategic plan for each network, then create a tactical plan on how you’re going to implement the strategy.
- Blogging at 2-3 times a week. It’s the fresh relevant content that Google is looking for.
- Get Social Savvy! Share the posts on social media as well as other people’s relevant content of interest to your target market. You need to search for, follow and connect with your target market. Build relationships. Get to know them as they get to know you!
- Monitor and measure. At the end of every month you need to check your social analytics and insights to see what’s working and what’s not working. If you continue to do what’s not working expecting different results, well, that’s the definition of insanity.
What about ROI? When do I see the return on investment?
It depends on…..
- How much time you put into it if you’re doing it yourself.
- How much money you invest if you’re hiring someone to do it for you.
- Your industry and how competitive the field is.
- How creative and clever you are.
- What is important for you to measure? Sales? Growing a list? These are Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
For some businesses, a month; others 3-6 months. Don’t expect instant magic to happen. Again it’s a marathon, not a sprint. You’re in it for the long haul, yet social media may very well be the main way you get new business.
Done right, it works. Learn how to do it right. It’s easy with Your Social Savvy Solution Online Training Center!