When Google Plus (G+) first came out, many people thought that it was just another Facebook. Many people said that it wouldn’t last. I don’t know how many times I’ve seen articles saying, “Google Plus is dead.” And here we are celebrating Google Plus’ sixth birthday. Amazing.
This infographic, from FulleStop, highlights Google Plus’ milestones along with some current stats and important characteristics:
- 440 million active monthly users (not too shabby!)
- Over 2 billion profiles (imagine if all of these were active)
- 8 new users join every second (constantly growing)
- The average user spends 12 minutes a day on it (this is surprising)
- 70 out of the top 100 brands are on it and they have more followers on G+ than on YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest combined! (even more surprising!)
- It connects to YouTube. Setup your G+ page first then setup your YouTube Channel. (This is part of your online branding. Get it right.)
- Everything posted public on G+ gets indexed in the search engine!