While here in Phoenix the kids are getting ready to go back to school, the heat is still in the 100s. I had all good intentions to provide these best picks of the social media news weekly, but thank God, business is booming. So, this will now be a end-of-month wrap-up.
One of challenges of social media marketing is that the networks are constantly changing. They either change the layout of the site or they add or remove features and services. For you, the business owner or social media manager, it’s tough to keep up with them. No worries. I’ll sort through all the social media marketing expert blogs and hand pick the ones that I feel are important and might affect your marketing.
Here’s July’s Best Social Media News You Can Use (in no particular order):
Social Network Updates:
- YouTube Adds New Tools to Help Publishers Moderate Comments – Since I’ve been actively using YouTube for my free classes, the SPAM comments were getting annoying. Glad to see this!
- Facebook’s Mission To Own The Internet – Which App Will It Take Down Next?
- How to Set Up Facebook Messenger Ads – I know, I’d rather not see ads in Messenger, but this is how FB makes money. If you feel your target market uses FB messenger, then by all means try it. Make sure you plan and strategize what you want to promote and accomplish.
- How to Ensure Your Facebook Page Complies With Facebook Terms – The last thing you want is FB taking down your page because of a rule violation!
Great Social Media Marketing Tips (I couldn’t have said it better myself!):
- The Key to Social Media Success is Authenticity. Always.
- 7 TED Talks to Make You a Better Social Media Marketer
- How to Create a Social Media Policy for Your Employees
- How a Powerful Social Campaign Went Viral Around the World
- Live Video Tools: The Best Apps for Going Live