Do you find that thinking about marketing your business using the social media networks is overwhelming?
Don’t feel bad. You’re in a big boat with many other small business owners. So many social media networks to choose from!
In this Wednesdays with the Wiz video, I explain the right approach to social media marketing.
It’s basically taking a step back and getting to know who your target audience is and then getting to know them through research. Followed by developing a strategic marketing plan and then a tactical plan. The media options may be different from “back in the day”, but it comes down to basic marketing rules first.
- Analyze what’s working and not working with your current marketing. This free ebook will help you.
- Define your target market(s). (This free workbook will help you.)
- Do some research – which networks do they use? If you find that your market is not on certain networks, then you don’t have to be on them. (Unless you want SEO). Here is a guide to online research resources.
- Set some SMART Goals.
- Put together a strategic marketing plan to help you achieve those goals.
- Outline a tactical plan implementing your strategies.
- Learn how to properly use the tools that help you manage it all. (And it can be done in 30 minutes a day!)
- Do it – blog, post, engage
- Monitor and measure