The 80/20 rule of sales and marketing has been around forever.
80% of your business comes from 20% of your target market.
So what does that mean?
Here’s how to apply the 80/20 rule to your business:
- Clearly define your target market personas – that 20%. You can have more than one! Do some research. What are their buying habits? Likes and dislikes? What devices to they prefer? Which social networks do they frequent the most? What are they going to enter into the search box to find you?
- Brand your business so that you speak directly to that 20%. This does not mean using your favorite color. There’s a whole psychology of color that you need to understand to be effective.
- What’s your strategy to build the brand and get exposure? That’s where your website, blogging and social media come in.
- Educate your target audience on why your product or service will make their lives better or solve their problems. That’s what content marketing is for.
- Lastly, setup a buying process that makes sense to them. To do this, you have to step into their shoes and see EVERYTHING from their perspective. Knowing and understanding your target’s buying journey is critical.
This might sound complicated to you. Do you have to hire a business or marketing coach? No, not if you are willing to learn.
That’s the beauty of my classes on Skillshare! Easy, online video classes that guide you through getting started with your online marketing.
You have a responsibility to your business to learn how today’s marketing works! Check out my classes on Skillshare…