Wouldn’t it be nice if as soon as you posted something on social media or wrote a great blog post that you would get dozens of new customers coming through your door or visiting your website immediately? Maybe in an alternate universe. I wish today’s marketing were easier instead of getting more complicated every day. However, if you want new customers and if you want your business to grow, then you need to get your marketing efforts into full gear — done properly and effectively. Yes, it can be done!
For you, the small business owner, it makes no sense to simply post content on Facebook, without a plan expecting that it will entice people to take some action. How do you know if that’s what someone saw and then went to your site? How do you know if they Googled, “How do I _______?” and found your blog post that answered their question? How do you know if that person found your website by accident or someone recommended it?
You need to know!
In this Q&A video, I answer the pressing question, “How do I Know if my Marketing Efforts are Successful?”
Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results is the definition of insanity. You’re not insane. You just need a little guidance and training so can get grip on your online marketing and actually measure results as they roll in.
The Steps to Effective Organic Digital and Social Media Marketing
- Clearly identify your target market(s) and create persona(s)
- What is your Unique Selling Proposition (USP) – What makes you different?
- Research your target markets and get to know them – which networks do they frequent? What are their pain points or problems that you can solve?
- Research your competition – how often are they blogging? Where do they come up on Google search compared to you? How active are they on social media? How many followers do they have? What are they doing that you’re not?
- Set SMART goals for your business and marketing
- Set up a well-branded website and social media profile pages optimized for search – branding should be consistent throughout your website and social profiles. Make sure it looks good — it’s your online image.
- Develop a strategic plan to meet those goals
- Put together a tactical plan to implement the strategy
- Learn how content marketing, SEO & social media all work together
- Create and curate content, then build a following and relationships
- Have a clear call-to-action: a free download, coupon or offer, to generate quality leads — not everyone is ready to buy at first glance.
- Setup an email automation workflow to walk the leads to buy – keep in mind their buying journey.
- Monitor and measure – check your analytics and insights every month to see what’s working and not working. Then plan accordingly for the next month.